LC Libraries Action Plan
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
Laredo College Libraries Action Plan for Modified Library Operations
- Laredo College Libraries (Yeary Library and Zaffirini Library) will open following precautionary measures. Physical access to the libraries will be limited and by appointment only.
- To access Yeary Library (Ft. McIntosh Campus), patrons must enter through the left door of the south side of the library (doors facing the Kazen Student Center). When arriving at the library, please call 721-5275 to have a staff member open the door for you.
- To access Zaffirini Library (South Campus), patrons must enter through the main door of the library. When arriving at the library, please call 794-4275 to have a staff member open the door for you.
Library Safety and Precautionary Measures
- Due to health and safety concerns, patrons will be subject to a health screening at the door where their temperature will be taken. Patrons must also fill out a health questionnaire prior to entering building.
- The health questionnaire can be found by clicking the following link: http://mcirp02/Screening_Questionnaire/
- Social distancing of at least 6 feet will be observed at all times.
- Seating and appointment availability are limited to comply with social distancing guidelines and adhere with building occupancy.
- All patrons visiting the library must wear face protection that covers the nose and mouth.
- Desks, chairs, and computer stations are cleaned and sanitized after every use.
- When approaching the Circulation Desk, please stand in the areas marked on the floor to ensure social distancing guidelines. Do not go around the plexiglass.
- All drinking fountains are shut off and not accessible.
Computer Use and Study Areas
- Use of computers will be by appointment only. To reserve a computer at Yeary Library, please call 721-5275. To reserve a computer at Zaffirini Library, please call 794-4275. You may also place reservations online using the following link: https://library.laredo.edu/roombooking
- For printing or access to the Corral computer lab, please reserve with the Learning Center through the following link: https://www.laredo.edu/cms/lcctemplate_forms.aspx?ekfrm=41554
- Laredo College Libraries will conform to social distancing guidelines therefore reducing the number of computer stations available.
- Study areas are limited and will be available by appointment only. To reserve a study area at Yeary Library, please call 721-5275. To reserve a study area at Zaffirini Library, please call 794-4275. Study rooms remain closed until further notice.
- Laredo College Libraries have discontinued self-service and browsing of library materials.
- If you need a physical item from our collection, please fill out the Book Request Form located on our library page, library.laredo.edu. Our staff will retrieve the item and notify you when it is ready to pick up at the Circulation Desk.
- Physical items may be returned by appointment only by calling 721-5275.
- Laredo College Libraries have suspended the borrowing and lending of all physical Interlibrary Loan (ILL) material. For electronic ILL requests (articles only), e-mail Omelia Arreola, Information Literacy Librarian, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reference services are available by e-mail at email@example.com.
- Off-campus access to all library electronic resources (e-books, journals, articles, magazines, videos) is available through library.laredo.edu. Must sign in using PasPort credentials.